MSCOREE.EXE is the Microsoft .NET Runtime Optimization Service, which manages all aspects of the runtime environment and provides a common platform for applications to run on Windows computers. It’s been around since Windows 95 and has had many changes over time.
The net runtime optimization service high cpu windows 10 is a Windows 10 problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update to fix the issue in May 2019.
Is mscorsvw.exe using a lot of your CPU?
You have no idea what Microsoft Compiler To Save Work is or if it is a component of the.NET Runtime Optimization Service.
Users have recently complained that their applications and programs are taking a long time to load, and when they opened Task Manager, they saw that the.NET Runtime Optimization Service is using almost 90% of the CPU.
First and foremost, you should not be concerned since you are not alone in this, and many people have attempted incorrect solutions for mscorsvw exe on Windows 11.
We’ve put up a list of the best ways to repair the mscorsvw.exe problem.
What exactly is Mscorsvw.exe?
Microsoft Compiler To Save Work is represented by the executable file Mscorsvw.exe.
It first appeared in Windows 8 and is now included in the most recent versions of Windows 10 and 11.
The.NET Runtime Optimization Service is part of mscorsvw.exe and is in charge of making applications and programs that rely on it run quicker.
Mscorsvw.exe is so essential that it’s used by almost all applications that use.NET programming.
As a result, anytime the.NET Runtime Optimization Service is active, it is clear that it will use a lot of CPU, and deactivating it would cause other Windows-based systems to malfunction.
MMC.exe Error Blocked (Also Read)
Is the Mscorsvw.exe executable a virus?
Mscorsvw is a genuine application digitally signed by Microsoft Corporation, therefore it’s completely secure.
Despite the fact that it is legal, hackers may still use mscorsvw.exe to make modifications and carry out illicit operations.
Furthermore, if the.NET Runtime Optimization Service process is operating on your PC and you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista, it is an undesirable application since this file no longer functions there.
Also, we can eliminate our doubts about whether mscorsvw exe is a virus or not by looking at the file location, which should be in the default file location when it was created.
Still, if you want to be cautious, you may use Task Manager to see whether there’s a virus:
- To launch Task Manager, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously.
- Look in the Details section for mscorsvw.exe.
- Also, make sure the name in the description column on the right side is accurate.
- Select Open file location from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
- If it’s in the c:windowsmicrosoft.NETframework folder,
It may be a virus or malware if it isn’t in the provided address.
Solution 1: Virus and Threat Scan
You may get a virus when you download anything from a bad website.
Even if you have an antivirus program installed on your computer, it will not be able to completely secure your system.
It may also cause mscorsvw.exe to use a lot of disk, CPU, and network resources.
To get around the NET Runtime Optimization service CPU in Windows 11, check for infections using the built-in virus prevention program in Windows 11.
Here’s how you can protect yourself from viruses and other threats:
- Select the Search icon.
- Choose your options.
- Now choose Privacy & Security > Windows Security from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Virus & Threat Protection, then Quick Scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete before deciding whether you want to delete or block the infection.
- Then restart your computer to check whether the mscorsvw.exe High CPU issue has been resolved.
Your service host is consuming an excessive amount of GPU. CHECK OUT FIX: Service Host Using a Lot of CPU?
Solution 2: Use Command Prompt to Speed Up.NET Runtime Optimization Service
There are a number of methods to speed up the process such that mscorsvw.exe uses less CPU.
As a result, this command function will enable the.NET Runtime Optimization Service to speed up the operation by using all of the CPU cores.
Here’s how to make the.NET Runtime Optimization Service go faster:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Alternatively, go to the Startup menu and type “Command Prompt,” then choose Run as administrator.
- If you’re using a 32-bit operating system, copy and paste the commands below, then hit Enter after each one.
- C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319 cd C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319 cd C:WindowsMicrosoft
- If you’re using a 64-bit operating system, copy and paste the command below and hit Enter.
- d C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319 d C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319 d C:WindowsMi
- Now enter and click Enter the following command: ngen.exe executequeueditems
Also see: What Is the Microsoft Block Level Backup Engine Service and How Do I Fix It?
After the procedure, restart your computer to check whether the.NET Runtime Optimization Service excessive CPU use has been resolved.
Solution 3: Use Microsoft’s Official Script to Fix mscorsvw.exe’s High CPU Usage
If the mscorsvw.exe high CPU utilization approach didn’t work for you,
Then all you have to do is run this Microsoft approved script from GitHub:
- Visit the official GitHub script.
- Save the link by right-clicking on the Raw button and selecting save link as.
- Check to see whether the file is a Windows script file.
- Now you may launch the file by choosing Windows Script Host and then selecting a program to run with it.
- In addition, the.NET Runtime Optimization Service’s excessive CPU use will be addressed.
If this workaround does not resolve the issue with mscorsvw.exe, restart the NVIDIA container services.
Restarting the NVIDIA Telemetry Container service is solution #4.
Restarting the service will assist in the resolution of any issues that are causing the NET Runtime Optimization Service CPU to increase.
If you wish to speed up the procedure, use these instructions to restart NVIDIA container services:
- To launch the Run window, press Windows key + R.
- Then, to access the service app, type services.msc and click OK.
- Scroll down and double-click NVIDIA Telemetry Container’s Services to access its properties.
- If the service status indicates that it is beginning, click the Stop button.
- Select Automatic from the drop-down box in the Startup Type section.
- Select OK after clicking Apply.
- Restart your computer to check whether the mscorsvw.exe error has been resolved.
Also see: What is LockApp.exe? What is it, exactly? Is it secure?
Solution 5: Fixing mscorsvw.exe with a Clean Boot Using MSConfig
Continue to clean boot your PC if your task manager still shows mscorsvw.exe as having a high CPU use.
Clean boot will assist you in removing any background programs that are unneeded.
It will also assist in the repair of mscorsvw.exe and the replacement of the damaged file that is causing excessive CPU use.
Also, close any apps that are incompatible with one another.
This is how you do a Clean Boot:
- Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- The Dialogue Box for Running will display.
- Press Enter after typing “msconfig.”
- The window for System Configuration will appear.
- Uncheck the boxes for Load system services and Load startup items on the General page, since this will only utilize Microsoft services when your PC reboots.
- Now go to the Service tab and uncheck all the services that aren’t needed.
- Only those who aren’t consuming a lot of CPU should be checked.
- And that’s it; your clean boot is complete, and all unneeded services have been removed.
- The mscorsvw.exe issue on Windows 11 will be resolved by restarting your computer.
Solution 6: Fix mscorsvw.exe by updating to Windows 11 CPU use is high.
The most common reason of.NET Runtime Optimization Service CPU consumption is an old computer.
To get the most performance out of your PC, ensure sure your Windows operating system is up to date.
Bugs or problems like mscorsvw.exe and excessive disk consumption will be addressed with future versions.
So, here’s how to upgrade your Windows 11 operating system:
- Select the Windows icon.
- When you click the Settings icon, a new window will appear.
- From the left menu, choose Windows Update.
- A new window will appear.
- Then, on the Check for Updates icon, click.
- If an update is available, it will begin upgrading the PC.
- It will take some time for Windows to update, and then you may restart your computer.
So, these are the finest mscorsvw.exe solutions we could find for you. In Windows 11 and later, there is a lot of CPU use.
Disabling.NET Runtime Optimization Service from your system is not a simple task, and we do not advocate it, therefore we have given you with the best options available.
It’s ideal if you attempt all of the remedies, and if you have any other suggestions or questions about the mscorsvw.exe issue, please let us know in the comments area below.
Is the mscorsvw.exe executable a virus?
Unless it multiplies itself or causes damage to your machine, mscorsvw exe is not a virus.
Is it safe to delete the Mscorsvw exe file?
No, we don’t recommend removing mscorsvw exe since all of your applications will stop working and your PC’s speed will suffer, resulting in service latency.
What is the location of mscorsvw.exe?
mscorsvw.exe is placed under c:windowsmicrosoft.NETframework, which is where it was produced by default.
Is mscorsvw.exe causing your network use to skyrocket?
No, mscorsvw.exe does not use a lot of network resources, as you can see by looking at the details area of Task Manager.
The net runtime optimization service high cpu is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released a fix to the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I turn off net runtime optimization service?
Yes, you can turn off net runtime optimization service by going to Settings -> Network -> Net Runtime Optimization Service.
How do I fix .NET runtime optimization service high CPU?
This issue can be fixed by going to the properties of your .NET runtime and changing it from High Performance to Basic.
What is .NET runtime optimization service?
This is a service that Microsoft offers to help improve the performance of your .NET applications.
- net runtime optimization service high cpu reddit
- net runtime optimization service disable windows 10
- net runtime optimization service disable
- net runtime optimization service high gpu
- .net runtime optimization service high cpu windows server 2012 r2