The Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system. It has been released on October 17, 2018 and it is available for free download.
The how to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 is a guide on how you can upgrade your Windows 10 PC now.
For eligible Windows 10 PCs, Microsoft’s newest Windows 11 operating system is now available as a free update. Although Windows 11 is a free update for Windows 10, it will not be compatible with every current PC running Windows 10. TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) compatibility, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage are all required for the latest version of Windows 11. If your Windows 10 machine satisfies the minimum system requirements for Windows 11 or when your PC is ready, a large popup will show in Windows Update, indicating that the download and installation process has begun. So, if you want to upgrade to Windows 11, we have many ways in this article that will show you how to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free.
Minimum system requirements for Windows 11
Before you begin, double-check that your computer matches the minimum system requirements for installing Windows 11.
According to Microsoft, a 64-bit CPU with at least two cores and a clock speed of 1GHz or higher is required to install Windows 11 on your machine. This implies that Intel 8th generation or newer CPUs, as well as AMD Zen 2 or higher CPUs, are supported. Windows 11 also needs TPM, Secure Boot, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and graphics requirements in addition to the latest CPU.
Whether you’re not sure if your machine matches the minimal requirements, you may use the Microsoft PC health check tool on Windows 10 to see if it has the necessary hardware to update to Windows 11.
Upgrade to Windows 11 if you’re upgrading from Windows 10.
If your computer satisfies the Windows 11 minimum system requirements, you may update your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11 by following the procedures outlined below.
- Before you proceed, consider the following: Disable or remove third-party antivirus and unplug VPN for the time being (If configured on your device)
- Disconnect any external devices attached to your computer, such as a USB drive or an external hard disk.
- You may free up up to 64 GB of storage space on your system’s hard disk (Usually its C: drive)
Updates for Windows
This is the most reliable and official method of obtaining a free copy of Windows 11.
- To begin, make a backup of all of your essential documents, applications, and data to an external device or cloud storage service.
- Next, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and choose Check for updates on your Windows 10 PC.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to download and install the free Windows 11 update if it’s available.
- To begin the Windows 11 download, click the download and install option. The download and installation of Windows 11 update files from the Microsoft server takes some time, depending on your internet connection.
- After that, you must restart your computer in order for the modifications to take effect, and you will be greeted with a fresh new version of Windows 11.
Assistant for installing Windows 11
In addition, Microsoft provides an official Windows 11 Installation Assistant for those who want to install Windows 11 without using Windows Update.
- To begin, go to the official Windows 11 download page here.
- Expand the Before You Begin section to learn more about what it will accomplish, but make sure your device fulfills the requirements first.
- Finally, to download Windows 11 Installation Assistant on your device, click the download now option.
- Locate the Windows 11 Installation Assistant in the download folder and right-click to launch it as administrator.
- This will be your licensing agreement; make sure you read it before accepting and installing Windows 11.
- This will begin the process of downloading Windows 11 to your computer; the download time will be determined by your internet connection speed.
- It will proceed to step two, which is confirming the download, after step one of downloading Windows 11 has been completed.
- After that, go to step three, which is the real installation of Windows 11. This one took a little longer than the others (Around 15 to 20 minutes)
- In the installation is complete, your computer will restart automatically after 30 minutes, or you may restart right now by clicking on restart now and restarting your computer so that Windows 11 can load and configure itself for you.
- When you reboot your computer, you’ll see that it’s working on updates. Make sure your computer is turned on (don’t switch it off during this period) and that it restarts a few times throughout this process.
- You’ll need to click on the screen and enter in your PIN or user name and password after the procedure is finished.
- You will see that things are being prepared for you; all you have to do now is wait for Windows 11 to load. This may take a few minutes, so don’t switch off your computer.
That’s all; you’ve successfully upgraded to Windows 11’s newest version.
Microsoft also provides a Windows 11 disk image and the Media Creation Tool for upgrading to Windows 11.
Also check out:
this advertisement should be reported
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Update from Windows 10 to Windows 11?
There is no easy way to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. You must first download the upgrade and then install it.
Can you download Windows 11 now?
Yes, I can download Windows 11 now.
How to check if I can get Windows 11?
Check out our article on How to check if you can get Windows 10.
- windows 11 update checker
- windows 11 release date to download
- windows 10 download
- windows 11 requirements
- windows 11 features